Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas and another road trip

Yesterday was very Christmassy. We finally put our tree up on Saturday night and it looks wonderful. On Sunday, we put the presents around the base of the tree... I suggested my beloved might want to put my Christmas and birthday presents under the tree but she has resisted so far...

Then in the evening we went to the Horniman Christmas fare and carol concert. The concert was in the bandstand and it was freezing! But it was good fun, it was the Crystal Palace band and the English Baroque choir and there was a huge turnout despite the weather. We had cups of tea and Christmas cupcakes and sung along to the bits of song or carol we knew!

Today I have to pack a bag – again! I’m driving down to Plymouth tomorrow afternoon to stay with friends because I have a job interview on Wednesday. Then I drive straight home after the mid-morning interview. Thursday I rest, catch up on chores and pack another bag and Friday morning drive to Cornwall to pick up the keys to the cottage! I’m going to be pretty tired by the weekend, but I’ll be in my new home so I don’t really care!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home