Thursday, December 18, 2008

Reflection

Life is indeed strange. I had a job interview about 3 weeks ago and it was the best interview of my life. I came out literally buzzing. I didn’t get the job. Yesterday’s interview went well, but I felt strangely flat and during the interview I waffled. I answered the questions well enough, looked smart and clearly had the experience and skills for the job, but just felt so tired afterwards... anyway, I got the job! You really can’t tell. I start mid-January and I’m over the moon. I was starting to get very anxious about money, especially in light of all the furniture we need to buy!

We pick up the keys tomorrow. I can’t wait! I’m just about to pack my bags – again! I’ve been to Cornwall three times in less than two weeks. I’ll be glad to cut back on the travelling but I don’t feel I can complain really, or if I do, you have every right to call be a selfish git!

New wife, new house, new job – this year really has been quite extraordinary. I’ve made new friends who have become incredibly important to us, we adopted another dog – and three chickens!, I saw Dolly Parton - a musical hero - live in concert, my mum got a great new flat and I finally feel I can stop worrying about her (well, worry less!). I’ve experienced happiness like I’ve never felt before, and we’ve twice had to deal with bereavement...

I know you’re only really supposed to mull over the year past, and the year coming around the 31st, but actually I don’t think there’s ever a wrong time to reflect and feel grateful. So I’m doing that today. The 18th December – happy new year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home