Monday, January 05, 2009

Pickfords

Hmmm... Pickfords are not impressing so far! We’re still waiting for them to turn up! We had to send the agreement form back and forth because they kept making silly mistakes like calculating VAT at 17.5% not 15% and then wanting to charge us a premium for not damaging the property! I never did get a satisfactory answer about why I would want to take out this insurance? I’m paying for professional movers to not make mistakes, and yes, accidents do happen but my “move coordinator” could not explain why if a mover accidently broke or damaged something, Pickfords wouldn’t have their own insurance (if it was Pickfords’ fault) to cover this. In the end I told them I did not want the insurance...

So once we’d thrashed that out, you sign an acceptance form, send off a hefty cheque and wait till your move date. On the form it has a bit that says, when would you like the removers to turn up? And so I put 10am.

10am came and went this morning and eventually I called at 10.30 to be told they would be there between 12 and 1.30pm. Erm, say what? Apparently there is only am and pm on offer (despite it not saying that on the form and despite it having a space for you to specify what time you want them to turn up). Morning appointments start at 9am, and because I hadn’t specified 9am, they had given me an afternoon appointment. Eh? You would have thought someone would have emailed/called and made sure this was clear, but no. So when I called this morning, the woman I spoke to, my move coordinator by coincidence, promised she would call back after she found out what was going on. Only she never bothered. I had to call her back, and with her sounding even more bored than she had on the first phone call, she told me about the am/pm system. She agreed that we should have been told about this and reluctantly (very, very reluctantly) apologised, whilst letting it be known it wasn’t her fault. When it actual fact it was.

They have now turned up and the two men are pleasant and very calm. I keep looking round and thinking, there’s too much stuff, they’ll change their mind and say we can’t do it! But, so far, they appear to getting on with things without any hysteria. In fact if there is to be any hysteria, it’s going to be all me!

I shall blog again about the whole experience post-move. The guys seem great, but the administration is a little ropey!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home