Monday, July 02, 2007

Work sucks

I bought a bottle of Robbie Burns special edition ale for my CEO (he’s one of his hero’s), it really wasn’t expensive (I bought it in Tesco’s!) but knew he’d really like it. It travelled in Peggy’s boot all over Scotland and back down to SE26 without a scratch. This morning on King St. W6 it somersaulted out of my bag and smashed on the pavement. The traffic was hideous and despite leaving earlier I got in later. My desk was full of crap my inbox full of more crap. Irritating colleague who has left has been replaced by another irritating colleague and really, I wish I was ANYWHERE other than work!

I know I am suffering post-vacation blues and people will be nodding wisely when they read this and metaphorically patting me on the shoulder as if to say, don’t worry love, it will pass. But fuck it, I’m grumpy. I want to be on holiday or if not on holiday in a more fulfilling job. I don’t want lots of pointless emails and crap on my desk. I just don’t.

I’ve just got engaged, surely there should be weeks more of celebrations? A Mardi Gras if you will, with beads and bourbon and music and dancing? I want to do wedding planning not inspection planning. (We have a government inspection in November of this year and actually that’s part of the problem. I swore I wouldn’t leave before the inspection because it would really leave my organisation in the poo and frankly, I think loyalty should count for something. So I guess I feel a bit trapped. Even if a great job came up before November, I’m just not sure I could leave without feeling like a complete cow.)

That’s the great thing about blogs… from cloud 9 to shit creek in one entry, lol!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home