Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Work sucks slightly less... but is still generally quite sucky

I’m slightly less grumpy today which is a miracle really seeing as my commute took almost 3 hours! There was a suspicious package left at Hammersmith tube and they essentially closed Hammersmith whilst they did a controlled explosion. The traffic had nowhere to go (it couldn’t go through or round because of the cordon) and was backed up to Clapham Common.

We live in very crazy times and sadly, they keep getting crazier…

I spent the journey listening to Erasure and singing very loudly to myself which I think helped keep everything in perspective. Although I now want them to sing at the wedding but don’t think I have several thousand pounds in loose change hidden under the sofa cushions. Free accommodation and a good nosh just might not be enough to persuade them…

Anyway, I slept well last night (lavender oil – knocks me right out except that I had strange dreams about weddings, David Beckham, tractors and plastic photo frames). We also now have a dedicated wedding email and blog. Friends of ours who were getting married in India last year had a website and Phil had a blog for his nuptials. It’s a very efficient way of getting info to the right people. Although you don’t want too much information on there, just in case a lot of nut jobs turn up for a free party…

I’ve made a good start on the huge tower of work growing precariously and persistently from my in-tray rather like mushrooms on a damp wall. Still much to do, but this will be a short entry whilst I have a coffee and recharge. Sadly though I have already had a jam doughnut which proves once and for all what a weak willed individual I am when it comes to doughnuts and Danish pastries generally :0(

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home