Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The caterpillar and the mouse

Yesterday I had my MRI scan on my knees. Now I’m not embarrassed or ashamed to admit I get frightened and stressed in hospitals and having medical treatment of any kind. I am also claustrophobic! I didn’t realise an MRI involved being in a tube, I thought for some reason that was CAT scans. So you can imagine my horror when I realised. I needed two scans laying on my back keeping very still and then several laying on my front with my knees being moved by the technician – a tracking scan. They did say I could refuse the scans, especially the second one where I would have to travel through the tube but I persevered. It really hurt having my knees forced into this position and that, but it only took about 30 minutes in the end and it is, arguably, all for a good cause! I was very glad to get out of that hospital though!

We went home and my partner cooked me a lovely meal and had bought me a huge bunch of sunflowers which now look gorgeous and dramatic in the front room.

Last night I had very symbolic dreams. Including walking down a narrow country lane and seeing – on a fence post – a caterpillar swallowing a mouse! The caterpillar then regurgitated the mouse who was still alive…! I don’t think we need Freud to deconstruct that particular dream…

It’s the day before the conference. I have so much to do that I’ve come to a complete standstill and now an important document has gone missing (for another project) so the only way to keep my sanity was to take a break, drink some chocolate milk and blog!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home