Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Fanny Craddock

The fish pie was a success! I didn’t like the parsley sauce (but then I don’t like parsley, so you would have thought I could have worked this out before I bought that type of sauce!)

Recipe:
Line caught haddock, 2 generous fillets (try and buy the best fish you can afford and make sure it’s sustainable!)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrot
Sweetcorn
Parsley sauce (or an alternative such as a cheese sauce)
Potatoes

Boil potatoes for mashing
Cut up haddock and half of the broccoli, half the cauli and all of the carrots
Mix the veg (inc. the sweetcorn) and fish into a bowl
Make up the sauce and then mix the sauce with the veg and fish and put in an ovenproof dish
By now, the pots should have boiled and mash them up with butter, a dash of milk and seasoning; layer the potatoes over the mixture (you can also grate some cheese on the top)
Put in oven at 200 for 45 minutes
Do the rest of the broccoli and cauli for a side dish and voila!

It’s fairly healthy, very tasty and will provide two further meals. You can do it for under a fiver as I said previously, but even if you choose organic ingredients like I did, you can still do it for about a tenner – which for 4 meals isn’t bad!

Anyway, enough of the Fanny Craddock, I have a huge to-do list which apparently isn’t go to sort itself out...

(Tonight I’m doing veggie burgers, sweetcorn and homemade sweet potato chips!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home