Friday, January 16, 2009

Carpet woes

I had a lie in this morning – 7 instead of 6am! And the universe let me know that they approved by letting me have the LAST free parking space (we have a number of spaces that are free, if they are taken we need to use a normal bay and pay for a ticket; we get the money back but it’s just a pain).

I picked my partner up from the train last night and it was good to have her home (the dogs agree!).

I’m looking forward to the weekend very much – we haven’t anything special planned (well, we’re going for a big breakfast at Route 38! And I have my first visit to the Watchtower where I’ll be volunteering) but really it will just be nice to mooch around, getting the house a bit more sorted, relaxing and enjoying each other’s company…

Here’s a question, why do trades people moan about their customers? Do they not realise that actually it just gives us the impression that as soon as they leave, they’ll be moaning about us! We were supposed to have a carpet fitted today, but apparently we need underlay and they didn’t have that on the van. The bloke moaned from the moment he arrived to the moment he left. His favourite description of his customers according to my partner was ‘waste of time’! Nice. And we now have to wait another week to get the bloody carpet fitted! After a while we’ll forget it’s not normal to have a ruddy great roll of carpet stretched across your living and dining room and start to treat it like a design feature…

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home