Monday, April 03, 2006

Sponsored walk




Well I did it. I walked ten miles yesterday to raise funds for my rugby club and my knees felt every inch (I have degenerative knee damage, in case you were wondering). If people ever doubted that walking a dog twice a day improves your fitness, I can assure you that it does. When I did this walk last year, I was so much more exhausted toward the end and my feet seemed to hurt more (I was even sweatier as well!). This year, it really wasn't so much of a struggle for me which I was obviously very pleased about. Incidentally, people think walking poles are for serious trekkers or the infirm; I am neither but how's this for a statistic: over the course of a day's walk, walking poles remove 200 tonnes of pressure from your knees!
Back at my desk today and feel pretty burnt out - need another couple of hours sleep at least, and am thinking that I should have taken today off. Although obviously I have the energy to blog - this is becoming seriously addictive!
Next weekend, the most energetic thing I will be doing is going to Ikea and the garden centre. Incidentally, my partner and I did our seperate designs for the garden only to discover we had exactly the same ideas. We are going to build our own brick bar-b-q so if anyone has any tips or suggestions, please email. I'm never too proud for good advice!
Until next time, yours with her feet in the air...
(Photos courtesy of Phil, 'Life of Phil')

1 Comments:

At 8:18 pm, April 04, 2006 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Thank you kind sir!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home