Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm getting married... just kidding!

I can’t believe I’m so blatantly avoiding work – not when I have so much to do as well! Anyway, I promise I’ll throw myself into it after I’ve blogged… not that you care…

On Saturday when we were at the pub the boys and I had a very informal wedding rehearsal and it hit me how much I was doing. I’m organising the stag’ do. (Which is costing me a fortune but is actually quite fun.) I’m doing both of the readings on the day, I’ll be witnessing the signatures – so no chance of either one of them signing a false name! – and I will possibly be reading out a love spell (what a lovely idea – an original love spell written just for them?). So I could well end up being nominated for best supporting actress…

My partner and I are really looking forward to the wedding. It’s funny because I thought I hated weddings! I’m not against them per se; I think in theory the idea of getting hitched is lovely. But I generally dislike them because it’s all so stressful and expensive and ceremonies and receptions are a tinder box for fights, resentments, excessive drinking, exhaustion, family feuds and a bizarre competition to see who can spend the most money. (None of that will happen at the boys' wedding, it will be romantic and gorgeous and fun, which could explain why I'm actually looking forward to it!)

I can’t write about the stag do’ on here because they don’t read my blog but friends of theirs do and I don’t want owt getting out! Which of course now gives the impression that this will be the most fantabulous do’ ever. I’m beginning to feeling the pressure… :0)

I think - I hope - they will enjoy themselves. Certainly a lot of thought has gone into it but we'll have to see what they think, lol!

I can’t avoid this anymore. I need to put my headphones on and get working… until the next time…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home