Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rapid Reaction Laundry Squad

We are two women with a relatively modest wardrobe (I do have a lot of t-shirts, the missus does have a lot of tops) but generally Elton John, Trinny and Susannah et al would consider us rank amateurs. (In my case T & S would consider me an amateur not necessarily for quantity but certainly for quality… jeans and t-shirt, or t-shirt and jeans anyone?!) Anyway, the point is, we seem to have masses and masses of laundry. I woke up early today – my partner is in Brighton seeing her grandparents – and decided to do some low-level housework… a bit of a tidy, sort out the laundry, change bedding etc., etc. Except from the pile of laundry that has taken over the spare room this is no longer a low-level operation, it may indeed call for a Special Forces approach. Whilst I wouldn’t trade our spare room for all the tea in China, it does act as a convenient ‘holding pen’. Anyway I’ll do the laundry later, after the serious business of blogging…

We’re doing a DVD rental trial for Which magazine at the moment. They pay you to join a DVD rental scheme for the month of the trial and then pay for a further two months as a thank you. I can’t tell you which scheme it is, because obviously it needs to be confidential. They choose the first five movies and then you choose what you want. The first movie was Miami Vice (this was one of the ones chosen for us). What a pile of shit? I had high hopes, guns, fast cars, good looking women and men… what can go wrong? Well, everything. Incomprehensible script at times, a plot that doesn’t seem to twist as much a rear off in different directions like a wounded buffalo, I didn’t even like the camera work. Anyway, as I only managed 15 minutes of it, it may have got better…

Off to rugby later with the dog. In the meantime, like my good friend Ed, I need to wrestle with my pet. Ear drops in this case. He (Pluto not Ed) hates it because it’s cold and it feels funny. I think it must tickle because he always looks so surprised, then he shakes his head violently and rubs his ears along the floor (which is actually pretty funny… sorry P!)

Talking of Ed. Welcome back. The blogging world was a less interesting place without you ;0)

PS. Slightly is pimping my blog! Watch this space but I'm really excited...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home