Thursday, December 21, 2006

LAST DAY IN THE OFFICE!

Another reasonable journey into work… probably helped by the spring in the step because this is my last day in the office for 12 days!

I have supervision today, and I have to bring up about my colleague and the problems she is causing, not least by not being terribly good at her job. I need to find a balance between being honest and being constructive because at the end of the day – she is a colleague, she is in my team and I am the senior staff member and there are such things as loyalty and tolerance. So I have to swallow my anger and look at ways that I can compromise as well, which might help her. Although I’m not prepared to compromise to pig ignorance! And ignoring people is, I’m afraid, not acceptable in the work place, nor is sulking. So you can see my problem. It’s not just work issues that I need to bring up which I can do dispassionately and I hope, professionally, its personality issues and that's quite a different bag of pixies altogether. Anyway, the nice thing is I do have my blog to let off steam and believe it or not, it does help!

There are work drinks in the office this afternoon, I don’t want to stay long but a glass of cheer won’t do any harm!

We have a friend coming for dinner tonight, which we’re both looking forward to. She’s a Kiwi (who lives in NZ) so dinner opportunities are few and far between!

I phoned my mum last night. I think she is looking forward to staying for Christmas (not that she would ever say that of course…). We have to pick up the turkey on Christmas Eve from Spitalfields and she is coming with us to look round the market. My partner’s parents have paid for a massive organic turkey for us and some organic sausages and bacon – the whole lot was £75! We’re popping to Waitrose tomorrow for the last bits and after that, it’s all drinking and making merry as far as I’m concerned. You see, being organised has its rewards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home