Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Chesty... cough

I work with a very strange individual who is fiercely private. I mean she actually pauses and thinks about answering ‘fine’ if you ask her how she is, in case it gives too much away…
Anyway, she’s not great at her job, can’t multi task and seeing as it’s just her and I in our team now, things can get pretty miserable. Well, they can and they have got pretty miserable! I currently have a bad cough – a lot of people have – but apparently my coughing “bothers her”. I’m not even sure what that means? How can someone who coughs every now and again be that much of a bother? It’s not like I’m coughing over her. Anyhoo, she said that yesterday and I fired up and replied that what she had said was ridiculous and unnecessary - why would you want to make someone feel bad for not being well? So today we aren’t talking. How school playground is that! Actually, for me, the issue goes a lot deeper – it’s about her moods, her inability to do her job, her poor timekeeping… I asked her for a telephone number the other day. All the telephone numbers are on two sheets of paper. She looked at the paper and swore this number wasn’t on there.

It was on the other page.

It hadn’t even occurred to her to turn the page over.

People walk into the office and she glares at them like they shouldn’t be there. I mean, I can be grumpy, but I at least give people a smile…

So, there you have it, a classic example of just how petty people can be. I could end this now by cracking a joke (except she doesn’t like noise in the office) but I’m fed up with someone being that bad at their job and never being challenged… so you see gentlefolk, this has fuck all to do with coughing!

Forgot to take a photo of the tree yesterday. I got into my PJs and the last thing I wanted to do was stand in the rain just to give you something to look at on my blog… selfish I know :0)

Anyway, tincture of propolis is all I’m saying. It could be the wonder cure for my cough. Watch this space…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home