Thursday, November 30, 2006

Stick with English

Well you might notice a few extras on my blog! I have a tracker now (this is to confirm what I already suspected, that no one reads my blog. The difference is the tracker makes it official, hurrah). And links to other sites of note or notoriety. If you’re not included fret not, I haven’t finished yet but if you think I’m going to miss you out, send me an email.
Slightly came round for dinner last night and fiddled with my html as it were and retrogooseuk is now all the slicker for it…

Dinner was… interesting. I try and make sure I keep dinner parties simple after a nasty incident in which I buggered myself to a standstill with a complicated fish dish and almost poisoned a guest. Now if I can get away with pasta and garlic bread I will. Anyway, you could tell I hadn’t put a great deal of thought into presentation last night because it was pasta with a lovely cheesey sauce and cauliflower and dinner was as a result, all white. It looked like someone had bleached our food. There was garlic bread too, naturellement, but still it looked very bland and I have to say, although nice and filling, it tasted maybe a wee bit bland as well. But after three organic ales, who cares? I couldn’t even redeem myself with the apple crumble because we were too full. I have promised him a roast next time. I told him that was my coup de grace last night. This morning I thought, I don’t think I meant to say coup de grace and checked the literal meaning… which is ‘death-blow’ apparently. Just call me Derek Trotter.

Slightly had done the new designs for the Kings Cross Steelers; logo, font, colour choice and it all looked fantastic and very professional. I’m excited to see it all in place, and it was really interesting talking and thinking about design and its impact.

Anyway, must dash, work to do and all that. Bon jour!

PS. This is my 101st posting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home