Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rubber ducky

If I was notching the miles I’ve driven on my belt I would need a very big belt…

On Saturday we got up at 5.15am to get ready to leave for Yorkshire at 6am. As is typical in our house, we left at 6.30am. I drove out of London, my partner did the motorways, and then we swapped back and I drove through Bradford. The borrowed sat nav never once failing us.
We had a lovely weekend. It was fantastic to see my partner’s goddaughter and she loved the book… but she didn’t really understand the book! She seemed to really appreciate the present, but it was a little advanced even for her (and she’s a very, very smart three year old!) But I kind of knew that anyway. It’s a book that as she grows she will hopefully get more out of.
Saturday was very lazy after the long drive it can be summed up: pizza, wine, gossip. On Sunday we drove to Ilkley and went to Betty’s tea rooms (that Betty is a national treasure) and as usual had to most gorgeous cakes and tea. After which we went shopping and I spent too much money. I picked up the Sunday Times because I had been talking to a journalist about including us in Rugby Shorts and sure enough, page 20 of the sports section there we were, the Kings Cross Steelers. We stopped at Lister Parker on the way back so B could ride her bike and I could get some ‘action’ shots. Fabulous park: there was a waterfall, one of the best children’s playgrounds I’ve ever seen, a rowing pond and as a bonus, the autumn leaves were stunning. Then when we got back M (father of B) had spent the afternoon cooking a roast dinner. I ate too many stuffing balls and Yorkshire puddings.
We decided to drive back on Monday not using the motorway at all so I could do all the driving. It took over 7 hours! But it was a fantastic road trip. We stopped at a garden centre and spent £90 (as you do). We eventually arrived home at about 7.30pm to a happy and relaxed dog – he spent the weekend with doggy friends – and my partner cooked a curry. It was, the perfect weekend…

PS. I bid on another lens on eBay and won! It was expensive but much, much cheaper than buying the same lens new!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home