Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Zoom

Lord help me, I’ve discovered eBay. Well, I sort of discovered it right around the time the rest of the world did but I wasn’t that interested. I even tried selling stuff but it was more hassle than it was worth. Anyway, one of my classmates has got virtually all his photography gear on eBay and its cost him a fraction of the price. So I went on there today to look for lenses. I found a Canon 350 film SLR with TWO lenses and I put a bid on (max. £70). For those of you not really up on camera stuff, the two lenses alone would probably be worth over £200. Anyway I didn’t win; I was pipped to the post by only £2.25! Bastards. I’ve put a bid on two other lenses and I’ll just have to hope I’m successful.

I’m having a tough day today. I’m shattered and my get up and go has got up and gone so I’m finding it hard to do any work. Really I need a long nap wrapped in a duvet but it’s just so hard to fit one of those into a working day…

Yesterday I spent the day in our archive department which was a lot of fun. I’m a sucker for old photos although eventually I’d looked at so many I began to see in black and white… I’m doing a calendar for work and also want some shots for our new website. Both very interesting projects that I'm enjoying but for which today, I haven't the energy.

I have shed loads to do at home, but I think I shall go home and repose on the sofa eating Green and Blacks chocolate and dreaming of the day I pick up a brand new telephoto lens on eBay for only 99p…

2 Comments:

At 11:36 pm, October 25, 2006 , Blogger p said...

Pipped to the post on ebay? I feel your pain - until I found www.auctionsniper.com

Haven't lost an auction since using it.

 
At 9:22 am, October 26, 2006 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Ohhh! Interesting, thank you. See latest entry for the three things I've but bids on...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home