Monday, October 09, 2006

Driving 101


I had my first driving lesson on Saturday. My driving instructor couldn’t believe that I hadn’t driven in ten years, which gave me a lot of confidence. Obviously there are things I have to work on but I found the whole experience exhilarating and generally I felt very in control. I can’t wait to (a) have my next lesson and (b) get the car next week!
Because my partner was going into work on Sunday (I know it’s just wrong) we spent the rest of Saturday together. She managed a long lie-in while I had my lesson and then we got the bus through to Beckenham – about 2 miles away and quite a pretty little place. We stopped for a drink in an “historic inn”, did a bit of shopping and then had us some of the best fish and chips ever! The restaurant gets its fish each day from Billingsgate and you could really tell. It was so fresh; crispy light batter, snow white fish that just fell apart when you cut into it. Yum! Anyway it’s was very reasonably priced which was a bonus.
When we got home (still very early) I made bread. It was gorgeous! And stupidly simple to make. We had it warm with butter and honey and the next day with scrambled egg. I think I shall try and make some every week…
Sunday was the big Steelers fundraiser. It was the first time I’d been to the 2Brewers (Clapham) – nice place, great staff. The evening was a huge success and over £2000 was raised. Unfortunately I didn’t get home until 2.30am and am struggling today. I’m so tired I was half way through a brazil nut and decided to give up…
Looking forward to going home an studying for my theory test… well, I’m looking forward to going home…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home