Monday, October 02, 2006

Ella Fitzgerald

I forgot to add this to this morning’s blog, but Ella Fitzgerald is good for nervous dogs. My partner and I loved the terrible weather this weekend; thunder, lightning, torrential rain, but that’s because we’re soppy romantics that enjoyed being tucked up in our lovely living room with the candles on and some good music on the stereo. But for poor Pluto it was a nerve-wracking time. Every time it thundered it sent him into a panic and he would let off another volley of barks. So when I saw the lightning I waited, and sometimes with pinpoint accuracy would start to sing very loudly along with Ella Fitzgerald to cover the rumble and crack of the preceding thunder. Pluto wasn’t fooled but it seemed to make him feel better and apart from a few low growls he was fine. Soon I gave up singing altogether and when the thunder came, he would look at me and I would look at him and he soon realised that as the big dog in the sky wasn’t bothering me, he wasn’t going to let it bother him! Although his look also seemed to say PS. I’m still not happy about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home