Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm eating a blueberry muffin

Apologies for not blogging recently. Been a crazy ol’ time of it. Mum was re-admitted to hospital, which was hugely stressful. She had more tests, more MRI’s… and they think that all this trouble; the pain, the nausea and the 101 other problems are actually due to the lumber punch and not something more sinister although lest we forget there are still the brain changes to explain and that is why she went in for the punch in the first instance. She is home now (came home yesterday) and is still on a mixture of pills but is a lot brighter in herself and we’re hoping we’ve now turned the corner. She was irritating the hell out of me last night, she is one of those people that believes in generously sharing her stress until such a point that you are a mess and she is feeling better.

My partner and I are going away this weekend as mentioned before and I cannot tell you how much I’m looking forward to it. Just to get away from everything will be such a relief.

Last night I did a photo shoot at the club for the Hate Crime posters. It reminded me of why I hated photo shoots! No one turns up, then they are slow to get ready, meanwhile I’m worrying about a dozen different things that need to be taken into account... but really I just get very pissed off when people can’t even be bothered to show up a little early to help out. Training starts at 7pm and we scheduled the shoot for 6pm because of the light. In the end, to get enough people i.e., 15 players or supporters wearing kit, we had to wait until 7pm! The nice thing was the Chairman bought everyone who turned up in plenty of time a drink. (Well done Sean!) Photo shoots are not as glamorous as they sound (I’ve done so many I’ve literally lost count) but the pay off is increased publicity and visibility and with so little energy required from players and supporters you would have thought they could make the effort…

Anyway, I’ve finally finished a massive work project that was causing me problems but there’s plenty more to take its place…!

1 Comments:

At 11:43 am, September 08, 2006 , Blogger TM said...

HI 'A' found your blog, looks like fun i'll link to it from mine. (Link to my blog)

Slightly

AKA (T)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home