Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mudlark

Trying to blog when the dog is trying to climb into my lap is not easy... anyway, I was hoping to have a longer lie-in but after laying in bed for almost an hour I figured it would just be easier to get up and start my day.
My partner and I are going walking next weekend and staying in a friend's cottage. I went into town and got some new walking boots yesterday - very exciting. And I gave in and ordered some gaitors online. Now this isn't some weird sock contraption, rather you put them on the bottom of your trousers. It means if the weather is filthy and there's lots of mud, you don't ruin your trousers. (I've ruined almost half a dozen trousers this way - walking mud even when washed off leaves a tide mark!!) But gaitors are normally made off weather resistant, rip proof material so you can wipe off any mud, and when you take them off, you're trousers are clean! (In theory!)
I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to a weekend with my partner and the dog, walking, eating and drinking good wine. Admittedly the last two may negate any good effects from yomping all over Wiltshire!

(Mum still improving!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home