Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dress to impress

What a fantastic couple of days! Our fence panels arrived on Thursday of last week so it was no surprise that that was our main job this weekend, but on Friday night it was all about relaxation… I made a vegetable curry (very tasty!) and we had a few cold beers which eased us nicely into the weekend. Putting up the fence was very satisfying! It involved tearing down the old fence and then drilling and nailing the new fence into position. We did half on Saturday and the rest on Sunday. And who knew four panels could make such a difference! The garden has never looked so good but to be fair the old fence was falling apart and rotting. We burnt a lot of garden rubbish and my partner dug a vegetable patch and we planted carrots, radishes and rocket.
We’ve ordered some new garden furniture as well (the stuff our friends gave us is great, but takes up too much room) - so a bistro set should be arriving in two to three weeks to compliment our fast growing garden! Four new plants arrived as well; another passionflower, two jasmines and a honeysuckle.

I bought a Balinese face mask (as you do) last week, and it's rather large but looks fab on our living room wall! I was keeping everything crossed that my partner wouldn't think it was the ugliest thing she had ever seen and therefore hate it, but she didn't! In fact I think she rather likes it...

Last Thursday (as well as the fence panels arriving!) was the Gay Men’s Chorus 15th anniversary party at Heaven and I had some free tickets. It’s been yonks since I’ve been to Heaven (it hasn’t changed and I had a few drunken flashbacks!). The show wasn’t what I was expecting, it wasn’t the whole Chorus performing but people in small groups or performing on their own. So I was a little disappointed – only because the Chorus is really good and I was looking forward to hearing them again. But I unexpectedly saw a couple of old friends and generally had fun.

Look’s like it’s fairly certain my partner and I will be going to India for New Year (friends are getting married out there). I’ve always wanted to go to India and I think being a guest at a traditional Indian wedding will be a fantastic experience.

I have a lot on a work this week so after this it’s off to bed; but Thursday night I’m going out with some work colleagues and on Friday it’s the Hate Crime Campaign launch at New Scotland Yard... and then it’s the weekend again…!

Talking of rugby (which we weren’t really) I can exclusively reveal that the Steelers have a new merchandise range www.cafepress.com/kxsrfc - check it out and treat yourself to some gorgeous new T-shirts for the, um… winter!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home