Friday, July 07, 2006

Naughty house elf

Well Pluto is off to his boarder mum tonight! We can’t go away this weekend, but we decided to stick with the booking anyway so that he can get used to being with Jo. It will be very, very weird to be at home and not have him thundering around, trying to sneak into the bedroom or asleep on my feet. I’m sure he’ll have a great time and I can’t help but admit to some relief that I can spend Sunday in bed (we’re going to a party the night before) and think of no one but myself…
We have a mischievous house elf living with us at the moment. First the toilet roll holder broke, then the coffee table, then one of the hanging baskets committed suicide and on the same day the sofa broke as well! We’ve fixed everything now, although we are due a new sofa to be fair, but it was quite extraordinary that everything went so very wrong in just a couple of days.
I think the elf is also draining my bank account… I mean, what other reason could there be?!
We think we’re going to Kew Gardens this weekend (to show them how it’s done!) and will pack a picnic and spend the whole day there, other than that and our friend’s party, we’re planning to do little else…
By the way, in case you think I am the least informed gay person on the planet, I did know it was Europride last weekend! We couldn’t go because I was in a bad way with my knees, but I did go to Ken Livingstone’s Europride reception at City Hall a few days before, and enjoyed it very much!
Apparently the Steelers gave out thousands of recruitment cards on the march; let’s hope we see some new supporters and players turning up…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home