Monday, July 03, 2006

Classical music, football and gardening


‘Scuse lack of blogging. Was too depressed to write a damn word after England’s World Cup exit and have either been busy with the children’s book, work or gardening. I am turning into quite a saddo when it comes to my garden. (Yes, you may raise your eyebrows and ask, turning?) We have a passionflower plant and this stunning photograph is a picture of what grew and flowered in our humble garden. I’ve written to Gardener’s World magazine with this picture and am secretly hoping I win some gardening vouchers!
The book for my partner’s goddaughter is almost complete and I am very happy with it so far. Some lovely photography and what I hope is an engaging story that will grow with her.
On Friday evening we went to the Royal Festival Hall to watch the Gay Symphony Orchestra’s 10th Anniversary concert. It was a great show and I would highly recommend going to see their next offering as they have some very talented musicians.
Saturday: World Cup :0( (Yes, I cried.)
Sunday, we pottered around the house and garden. We had a friend stay the previous evening so we spent ages over breakfast, chatting and catching up and enjoying the baking hot weather.
And now, back at work… my partner is on the South Coast for two days to see her grandparents and while the cat’s away… the mouse will sleep. I’m knackered! Some crime drama TV (which she hates), a pizza and an early night for me!

2 Comments:

At 4:13 pm, July 04, 2006 , Blogger p said...

Well done on the Passion Flower bloom! I've grown one from seed and finally got ONE bloom last year, but was very exicited to see at least a dozen blooms ready to burst open any day!

 
At 11:45 am, July 07, 2006 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Thank you! When you come to the party I'm sure I'll be boring you with what we've done / are planning to do in the garden...
A x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home