Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Karma chameleon

We’ve settled back down to our everyday lives and both my partner and I are enjoying being in our own home – especially so for her I think, because she had the three week trip to Africa before being away for over a week in the States. We spent an absolute fortune at Homebase in our continuing quest to do the flat up and make it exactly how we want. Pluto is being very mellow about the disruptions – he’s just glad to have us both home. Cancer Research is – as we speak – picking up five boxes of stuff that we couldn’t sell at the car boot. I’m so glad to see the back of it!
I have decided to write an original story for my partner’s goddaughter’s birthday (she will be 3 in September). I’m really looking forward to this next writing project and am absolutely itching to get started but have been busy with work etc. This weekend we are clearing the garden and laying turf so I’m not sure when I’m going to get started but soon, hopefully…!
My insurance forms have arrived to claim for the bag I lost in NY but they want original receipts included with the paperwork! Original receipts! I don’t have any! My camera, for example, was three years old and any paperwork has since disappeared, recycled no doubt. I’m still going to try and claim, otherwise why have insurance?! It really pisses me off though. I’m not naïve I know that people put in fraudulent claims. But if I wanted to do that I would have said my old camera was worth £180, instead I have put down its real value, which is £80. Call me old fashioned but I do believe honesty is the best policy in these cases... it’s a karma thing. Will my belief in karma work on a heartless insurance drone trained to reject 99% of the claims that find there way into the tiny, anonymous cubicle in which the said drone sits watching the clock and wondering where it all went wrong?* Watch this space…

News just in, Wayne Rooney's foot is almost better and there is a growing fear that our security services choose targets by sticking a pin in an A-Z and hoping for the best...

*I’m sure insurance people are very lovely, insurance companies however are all bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home