Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Several tomorrow's later...

Well a combination of tiredness and too much to do has kept me away from the keyboard. Lot's of interesting things have happened but I can't remember any of them! 7 days from New York and whilst I am incredibly excited I'm also a little stressed at the moment; my passport still hasn't arrived and the passport office are dragging their heels, and Pluto's digs still haven't been sorted. I THINK I have a kennel lined up all the way over in Essex. Good website, good philosophy on boarding people's beloved companions and not bad prices either. The plus side is that there are two walks a day which my little bionic boy definitely needs! (Incidentally he has his head on my lap as I type looking at me with his big liquid brown eyes and looking totally adorable!)
He was playing with a puppy the other day in what was, a truly incredible and fascintating encounter. Stan the puppy came running up to Pluto with absolutely no fear and trepidation. Pluto was surprised but joined in the fun. Stan was jumping all over Pluto and they were chasing each other at top speed. Eventually Stan's owner and myself stopped calling our dogs and let them play. Their interaction was fantastic. Pluto was the more dominant dog but was comfortable enough to allow Stan to dominate occasionally - an opportunity that young Stanley relished as he jumped on Pluto's stomach and clambered over his head. Eventually they were rolling around, exhausted from chasing each other but not ready to stop playing and I was so incredibly proud of Pluto's tolerance, responsibility and, his sense of fun. When Stan was beside himself with excitement, Pluto stopped and calmed things down. When Stan ventured too far, Pluto gruffled and Stan would trot back. He reminded me of an older brother putting up with a more energetic and slightly annoying younger brother! It taught me something as well. It taught me that we are doing a good job; that Pluto was happy and comfortable and the trust and love we have for him, he has for others be they human or animal. Only when you are truly strong can you ever be truly gentle. Sounds like I'm giving him too much credit? Maybe, but it's just another example in my opinion of how wonderful having a dog like Pluto in your life, is.
I'm working from home tomorrow which is just as well as my partner has organised several dozen items of furniture to be delivered! Our storage problems were overwhelming us!! I hope she's not expecting me to put them together, I struggled with the bar-b-q...
I will try and get back to blogging more regularly from now on - and may even try to do a couple of entries in New York....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home