Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Iron lung

This morning was cold (in a good way) and bright. The dog – another night no barking; radio 2 may very well be my saviour! – was full of beans on his walk and we managed to stay out a little longer. This week is going to drag, I know it. The last week before my partner returns and already this day is going backwards. I have to be honest, the first two weeks flew by and apart from occasionally feeling a bit sorry for myself, the dog and I coped admirably. I can't wait for her to return though; there is a depth and sorrow to missing someone you really love that is hard to explain - even to yourself - no matter how practical and resourceful a person you might be.
(Incidentally last night, I received the text I had been waiting for all day – my partner and her friend were in Uganda and at the hotel, which is apparently very nice.)
I’ve just booked my travel insurance for NY. As an asthmatic I suffer from discrimination. Despite having well controlled asthma and generally being in fine fettle, most travel insurance precludes pre-existing conditions. Which is really bloody helpful because if I do get ill, there is a strong chance it would be asthma related no matter how well controlled my condition is. Anyway, Asthma UK and Heath Lambert insurance company have teamed up to offer insurance for dodgy lunged individuals like myself and I have to say, the premium seemed really reasonable (over £11 cheaper than M&S and M&S were offering an online discount!) So that’s one more thing off my list – and quite an important thing to. Can you imagine the horror of being in the country with one of the most expensive healthcare systems in the world, needing medical attention and being told, sorry, you’re not covered…
Anyway, I just need to get the photos done for my new passport – stare for the camera; no smiling, or gurning please – and then all that is left is to sort out boarding for Pluto.
I've also just finished another big work project so not a bad day all told...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home