Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dyno-stud

The man from Dyno-Rod is here and I think he was a little surprised by my effusive welcome. I did explain this overflowing malarkey had been going on since before Christmas and he nodded wisely. He seems a lovely man. In fact a couple of boys I know would think he was exceptionally lovely – good looking and chunky! Anyway, he could look like Eartha Kitt for all I care. What this means is we can now scrub that area down by the side of the house, cut all the ivy away and start filling it with pots of fragrant flowers. Gorgeous.
I’ve managed to fit in a quick haircut. Don’t tell my mother but its short again. Like it has been since I was 19. What can I say, it’s a mother, daughter, lesbian thing; the slight flaring of the nostrils and an arched eyebrow that says, I totally support you being gay, I’m actually proud of you being the woman you are, but do you really have to have such short hair?!
Pluto was barking again last night and I’m at my wits end. I’m going to email the dog trainer who gave us lessons, and also, I may stay up all night with him on Friday to see what the trigger is to these barking fits. It may sound extreme especially as it’s not all night, maybe two episodes lasting a couple of minutes. But if he is anxious about something I want to deal with that, and I also really like our neighbours and don’t want to piss them off!
I’m missing my partner. It’s the silly things really. Things you want to share. As I’ve mentioned previously I have a bad left shoulder and I thought maybe ordering an expensive orthopaedic pillow might help. It arrived yesterday and I wanted to tell her. But imagine texting someone in Rwanda to tell them you bought an orthopaedic pillow. It’s just odd. And yesterday at work, some funny things happened, not stand-up funny, but amusing: things you think that you’d like to share because it appeals to your partner’s sense of humour. But again, calling someone the other side of the world at £7,000 a minute to say, Angela told me today to take my banana hands of her box (long story) is a little strange. So I'm missing that really. Although I will tell her about the drains.
This weekend, I plan to finish decorating the hallway. That will mean in week one of her absence I have sorted out the drains, the decorating and the bathroom cabinet – and my MP3 player, of course!
Dyno-Rod stud has gone to fill his van with water but he’s been gone a while. I’m starting to panic… you do think he’ll come back, don’t you??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home