Monday, April 17, 2006

Blank holiday Monday

And if I don't shift this hangover, that's what the day will be, a blank! The dinner was a success! And fairly well timed (I'm pretty lousy at getting everything ready at around the same time). Unfortunately we had wine, champagne and a large vodka as well so my head is thumping. We watched a gay film last night; can't remember much about it. Something about surviving the American drugs scene I think. Anyway, lots of buff men with their tops off - and sometimes their bottoms, lots of drug taking, lots of dancing, some soul searching, a smattering of internalised homophobia and a death. No movie is complete without a death.
All I'm doing today is repotting my new plant and clearing up the kitchen, which if you saw the kitchen, is a task and a half. I'm unnecessarily excited about my organic, peat free compost. My partner will be delighted as she told me not to get compost because we have a wormery and they make the best compost in the world - so knowing that I was going to ignore that advice (have money, must spend!), the second instruction was if you do buy compost make it peat free! To be fair I don't go near the wormery, and would no more know how to get compost out, than I would know how to turn water into wine. Wine, yuch, be still my queasy stomach. I'm actually giving up drinking in the near future. Wish I'd started last night to be honest with you...
The bathroom cabinet is up by the way, and it looks fab! The boys did it last night in return for a fine chicken dinner.
The dog is in playful mood. He is, one by one, getting every single toy out of his toy basket and strategically placing them all over the house, the little tinker.
Right well it's ludicrously early so I'm going back to bed with a book. I really do plan to do very little today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home