Friday, April 14, 2006

Passport and toothbrush

My partner is off on holiday for almost three weeks today and the house is even more chaotic than it normally is! I made her a lovely breakfast, did the washing up and am encouraging her to stay on schedule (she has left everything to the last minute!). But I am also trying to keep out of the way. (Although I did get lots of hugs for doing her laundry!) Neither of us are looking forward to saying goodbye. We're not one of those soppy couples that can't bear to spend the day apart; we're romantic, loving and very tactile but also, bless us, quite practical! We've spent time apart more times than we care to remember, but to be fair, we weren't living together then. Now it feels... different. Anyway, she will have a fantastic time and will be back before I know it. But if my blogs have a melancholy feel about them for the next couple of weeks, you know why.
Pluto knows something's happening (again!) but apart from nicking some of my underwear and dragging it round the garden, he's been fairly well behaved. Sitting with him when I first put him to bed and the herbal anxiety drops seem to be working. He's so much calmer now and the barking has all but stopped. We sit in the dark for a little while until he settles right down; stretched out and with a long sigh that signals he's ready to let go of all that energy and fall gently to sleep. Long may it continue!
We found a great little Italian restaurant a ten minute walk away, last night. Lovely service and lovely food, I can see it becoming a regular eating place - especially as it's really reasonably priced as well. Maybe next time we have people over, we'll take them there instead!
Talking of having people over, the boys from upstairs are coming down on Easter Sunday. I'm doing a roast chicken, Yorkshire pudding, carrots, cauli and mash potatoes! I'm hoping they can work out my new MP3 player as well. Why does everything have to be SO complicated. Or is it because I'm a luddite?! Answers on a gramophone...
I like gadgets and new technology, I just don't always understand gadgets and new technology. Anyway, lugging my CD player around and having only a few CD's to choose from when I'm on the train is becoming tiresome. And is it just me (again) but when you have to choose some CD's in the morning, it's harder than choosing what to wear?? Do I feel in a classical, country, pop, rock, alternative mood today...
Anyway, have a happy Easter. I'm off to make sure she really has packed her passport and toothbrush...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home