Sunday, April 16, 2006

Cherry blossom

Walking the dog yesterday was unexpectedly beautiful - there was a strong breeze and all the cherry blossom trees in the park were dropping thousands of tiny white petals, which swirled around Pluto and I. It was like walking through a Japanese snow storm at one point.
I've finally figured out my MP3 (with lots of help from my neighbour!). (One thing off the to-do list!) I can now listen to a random shuffle of Dolly Parton, Linkin Park, Madonna, Foo Fighters, Josh Groban and Nelly Furtardo on my daily commute.
Today the boys are coming for a Sunday dinner so I have to do a lot of tidying up first... the place is a shambles. Having a big breakfast of pancakes, bananas and maple syrup should have given me an energy boost but to be honest, I could go back to bed! Anyway, I'll keep this deliberately short because I do have a lot to do.
Don't eat too much chocolate...
Easter Sunday part two: We haven't even got to the roast dinner yet but we have had a good, if slightly unusual, day. The boys asked if I fancied going for a spin in their new car after I walked the dog. Which I did. We drived around aimlessly - but everywhere was closed. Apart from that is, the Chinese centre in Croydon so we all went in for a very rough, but surprisingly effective, Chinese massage! My left shoulder keeps freezing because I seem to store tension there. (You would have thought Ikea would have come up with an innovative storage solution for stress, wouldn't you?!) Ironically, when I woke up this morning, my left shoulder really hurt and wondered then whether things would just gradually work themselves loose during the day. Well they did with the help of a small but very strong Chinese lady who threw me about a bit and then charged me! So that was a little surreal. Afterwards we found a garden centre in the middle of NOWHERE and I bought a plant, four pots and some organic peat free compost! I love garden centres. Even before I was all that interested in gardening, to be honest. Anyway, this place had a big camping / tent area, which got the boys (well, one of the boys!) excited about a camping trip we've been talking about for a while now. The idea is, now they have the car, is to bugger off to Cornwall or somewhere equally as beautiful for a long weekend.
And still the day isn't over... what could possibly happen now? Oh, that's right I have to Hoover before dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home