Sunday, April 23, 2006

Painted warrior

I finished the hallway! With a bad shoulder it was definitely more painful that it needed to be, and the Hoover attachments are now a lovely shade of cream... there were some areas that were too high up to reach by hand and couldn't be reached by a ladder either, so I rigged up a cunning device using the Hoover attachments, masking tape and a paintbrush.
Pluto decided to help and covered his entire left side with paint by leaning on a wet wall! He still has cream bits that I haven't been able to wash or cut out. At one stage he looked like a Celtic warrior, painted up and ready for battle... well, ready to finally catch the neighbours cat if he could...
As a result of all this, he had to have his first ever bath last night. He wasn't too bad - he was very frightened, bless his heart. He got lots of wet cuddles and praise and he liked me massaging the shampoo into his coat. But the bathroom needs a damn good clean now and I was wetter than the dog at the end. (He tried to get out a couple of times!) But this morning, as I was pottering around, he came in and out of the bathroom so there seem to be no lasting problems or fears. He was a very good boy and I was very proud of him.
I feel quietly pleased at everything I've achieved but to be honest, I'm in too much pain to get over excited. It was probably because of the gammy shoulder (and the painkillers!), but at one stage I did feel a little sorry for myself: why is this all being left to me, why should I be doing all the work etc., etc. Tired and over-emotional I guess, so I let myself wallow for a bit and then regained my equilibrium and carried on content to get the things done that I'd desperately wanted to do for ages.
Incidentally, I left the hall light on last night, and Pluto didn't bark once!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home