Monday, April 24, 2006

Minty fresh breath

A work colleague asked me why I like walking the dog so much, and why did I enjoy it as much in bad weather, as I do in good weather. I suspect that if I didn’t walk the monster twice a day, I would be doing very little exercise generally, which is pretty scary and I love seeing him rushing about; sniffing everything and getting so excited at seeing his friends – human and canine alike. It makes my heart swell that he looks so happy. And as for why I like all weather equally, I just do. I always have. This morning there was mist and drizzle but the dog enjoyed himself and so did I. I think there is romance in all weather; bad weather is cosy, sunny weather is liberating. I’m not sure that is a very good answer. But unless I have spent ages on my hair (unlikely, to be fair) rain, hail, sleet, snow are all as welcome as hot sun and cool breezes. So there you go! I’m not sure why I chose to share that with you, but that’s blogs for you, highly unpredictable…
The hall light being on didn’t work last night and three times I had to go into the kitchen and remonstrate with Pluto. But what can you say, when as soon as he hears you he shoots back to his blanket, lays down and then looks up at you with big eyes and a slightly pained expression that I take to mean, I was protecting you mum, don’t shout!
I didn’t stay up with him all night Friday, but I will extend the time I sit with him in the evening as he settles down now.
I managed to do the three jobs that were most pressing this weekend; including cleaning the bathroom (not that I had much choice after the dog's ablutions). Consequently the house is looking really nice and I’m one of those people that the more sorted / organised / tidy things are, the more I want to do! It inspires me.
I’m off to NY at the end of May but am a little concerned I still have so much to do like; insurance, renewing my passport and sorting out boarding kennels! I’m sure it will all come together but at the moment it seems like one thing after another, and all of those things cost! I was cleaning my teeth this morning – no excuse for sloppy dental hygiene no matter how worried you are – and wished I could open my own dog kennels! Obviously this is not a total bolt from the blue, but I was a wee bit surprised – I have never wanted to run a boarding kennel before. I had a list of things I would do as long as your arm and got quite excited at one stage but then remembered that I had no money. I do wish someone would buy some of my writing, not only am I a great writer, but I desperately need the cash… Lousy sales pitch I know, but I’m an artist not an agent! (You wouldn't have guessed from that rather dramatic statement, lol.)
I keep hearing about these bloggers who get book deals and I wonder, when is it my turn!? Incidentally, I've written three books already, countless film and TV scripts and am a published journalist... Just in case you were interested, and I fully understand if you couldn't give a monkey's armpit...
Anyway back to my other dream, if anyone reading this would like to finance me to run the best kennels ever, I am more than happy to submit a business plan :0)

Today, it’s all about me baby…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home