Friday, May 05, 2006

Blue is the colour

I won't tell you what the weather is like for the umpteenth time, lol! But I'm wearing shorts! For overseas readers (do I have any readers?!) you might be forgiven for thinking that English weather is always this nice. It's not. Which is why we tend to bang on about it when the sun has indeed, got his hat on...
Tomorrow we pick up my partner from the airport. I'm very excited, but also quite conscious that I have to Hoover. The boys have invited me for a bar-b-q tonight so time is a ticking. I hope my partner is looking forward to seeing me as much as I am her.
Here's a question for you, is buying a pair of jeans that fit really well, the best feeling ever? I bought a pair yesterday and quite literally it was 50 / 50 as to whether they would fit at all - let alone fit well. It was a rash impulse buy that went along the lines of, I can always bring them back... They fit great and - I think - look great and it's been a very pleasing day as a result.
It was local elections yesterday and yesterday I worked for a Labour administration (the day job is local authority). Today, sadly, it's a Tory administration. Don't get me wrong, Labour have fucked up royally recently and deserve a damn good spanking but I remember Section 28 and some of the vile party-sanctioned diatribe about gay people that came from the Conservatives. So I will continue to do my job to a high standard but I doubt I'll be making any friends with my new bosses. Oh that's right, they don't want to be friends with my kind anyway...
David Cameron (Tory leader) did have a point when he said, vote for anyone but the BNP. That was perhaps the smartest and most interesting thing I've ever heard a Tory say. I don't mind losing a vote, but just don't give it to fascists. Unfortunately I don't rate some Tories higher than fascists but I believe he is trying to be progressive and make changes for the better - and that is what democracy is all about. And if you could, but didn't vote yesterday, shame on you.
Anyway, the missus is back in a matter of hours, I'm drinking wine and looking fab in my new jeans. All in all, it's not been a bad day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home