Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I can't, but I will.

I can't tell you how lovely the weather was today. Except that I can of course, and as a writer it's the least I should be able to do. As soon as I got home, I changed into a t-shirt and grabbed the dog for what was a very pleasant walk. I do hope our inclement English weather hasn't peaked too early...
We did hear some sad news. Bella the 11 year old Alsation passed away during an operation over Easter. We met her owner today and she is still understandably very upset. I had to have my last dog put down after a sudden onset of lung and heart problems that seriously affected his quality of life. I could still hear him around the house months after his death and it's truly heart wrenching to unlock the front door and instead of an over excited greeting, to hear nothing but silence. The dry-cleaning lady used to know Bella in her prime when she ruled the park! When I knew her she was an old lady, content to have people come to her and to amble around enjoying the sunshine and the companionship and love of her owner.
Pluto got a long hug when we got home and now I think I'll end the day with a glass of wine and some crime drama TV (it's my weakness!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home