Thursday, May 18, 2006

Flatpack

8 pieces of furniture arrived today. Unfortunately for me, they all need to be assembled. My partner seems really excited at the prospect, frankly, I'm a little daunted. I'm looking forward to the end result if that's any help?! I'm wondering if we can persuade the boys to lend a hand...
Pluto is a little clingy today which makes me wonder if he's feeling under the weather. He seems happiest lying on my feet which tends to restrict movement a little. He ate all his dinner and I'll be keeping a close eye on him.
I've managed to get lots of work done and get my hair cut and tidy up a bit. Actually I also packed my suitcase - 6 days before we fly. Is that really, really sad? Don't answer that. It started off as a logical thing to do. I wear a lot of t-shirts and was thinking, which ones do I want to take? As I have the luxury of having quite a few, I thought to save on washing I would just put the ones I wanted to one side and the ones I wasn't going to take, could be worn. Not only was this a sound environmental decision but by not using the washing machine my partner who is a little less organised, OK, anal than I am, could have a clear run when she needed to do her laundry for the trip. (Am I justifying this too much?) Well, after I'd done tops, I thought - what about trousers, and then underwear...
So apart from not having my passport, I have a suitcase of clothes and a pocketful of dollars and I'm good to go!
The passport office squeezed another £45 out of me this afternoon (on top of the £51 I paid previously) to "guarantee" my passport arrives in time. They were too polite to call it extortion and I was too desperate to call it robbery but hopefully that all important document should be arriving tomorrow. (Watch this space!)
Right I have to brace myself for screwing, thumping and banging later - for all the wrong reasons....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home