Saturday, May 20, 2006

Saturday blues

It's early. Well it would be late if it were a weekday, I would be late if it were a weekday, but it's Saturday and everyone with an ounce of sense should still be in bed. I however am blogging! And my day has started off pretty lousy. I'm deep breathing and trying to be positive but it 'aint working. Firstly the courier attempted to deliver my passport yesterday - no one was in. You know when they can deliver it again? Tuesday. The day we leave for the hotel. Apparently it's guaranteed before 12. We'll see...
This is particularly painful because I'm very organised and don't like trying to sort things out at the last minute - especially when I don't consider it my fault, but I should probably move on to the next thing that is pissing me off.
Going on tour with your rugby club is a proud event and each time tour members will get a one-off commerative piece of clothing; normally a polo shirt. So as is tradition, there is a Bingham Cup 2006, New York tour polo. EVERYONE who goes on tour gets one.

I won't be getting one.

The person that has driven the whole campaign to get the team to NY, the person that has raised hundreds and hundreds of pounds for the club, a club officer since 2004, and a former director of Bingham Cup 2004: all that means nothing apparently because my own team fucked up and didn't get me a polo. And actually that makes me a little pissed off. It's a little complicated but basically one person didn't bother to include my name in the tour list and there you have it. So we got through the team pack today with things like - wear your tour polo! And I thought, I can't! Actually when my partner found out she was hopping mad as well and saw it as a snub. But she is a little protective as all good partners should be.
Well now I've dumped all that on you... do I feel better? No not really. I have to go to the kennels today and that's also stressing me out. Oh dear, my poor girlfriend, I'm like a bear with a sore head! So I'll have to try extra, extra hard not to take out my sulks on her!
We have the Bingham Cup leaving party tonight. Hmmm, without a passport I may not be going! Without a polo, I'm not sure I want to do anything team related. Who knew we could attach such significance to a silly piece of clothing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home