Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Love thy neighbour




What a lovely morning! I was a bit grumpy after being woken twice by my partner and once by the dog last night, but I soon got over myself. Pluto and I caught up with Charlie and her owner on our walk and the hounds ran themselves ragged and I got two very good pub recommendations. And then, when I went to the station I bumped into Charlie’s owner again, and another dog walker that I always look forward to catching up with, so we all travelled in to Victoria together and had a rather nice start to our day!
When Pluto spotted Charlie (clear the other side of a very big field) he took off at a gallop to see his best friend and charged straight into her. I suspect it’s the canine equivalent of pulling her pigtails in the playground…
My partner and I have vowed to check out at least one of the pub recommendations this weekend and the great thing is they are both dog friendly!
Last night I was helping a woman off the train – twin boys around two years old, a buggy the size of most 4x4’s and four big bags from Hamley’s the toy store. No wonder she looked ragged – I took the buggy and a man helped with the bags. I had seen the man before: he had rescued a frog from his cat and took it to a friend who had a pond. We got chatting again and it turns out he’s gay, a garden designer and lives a few doors down from us! We’re hoping to do coffee soon. So all of a sudden there’s a real neighbourhood feel to SE26, which is fantastic.
It’s raining again today, so I’m also very happy about that!

*These pictures were from an email titled “why dogs kill their owners…” – enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home