Monday, June 26, 2006

Intruder alert!

We ended up going to Crystal Palace Park to walk and play with the dog yesterday and it was a lovely afternoon. We took his flying squirrel that I got from the US (like a soft Frisbee with feet!) and sat in the sun. Pluto’s not great with stopping. If he wandered off too far I would whistle for his return. He would swing round and thunder towards us like his tail was on fire. Unfortunately, he couldn't or wouldn’t slow down and would barrel into us full force – and believe me 26kg of dog at top speed is some force!
My partner also bought me some birthday plants! 4 snap dragons and a strawberry basket. I think I might have my birthday more often you know… ;0)
We then went home where she put up the last of the shelves and we drank champagne - all in all a great weekend and a lovely birthday.
There was something in our garden last night. The dog ran out barking and my partner went after him to remonstrate, except he then ran back into the house and she could hear something growling! She swung the torch around and something ran off. Probably a fox but a little scary and the dog seem to think so as well. He couldn’t settle so we put his blanket in the hallway (he normally sleeps in the kitchen) but he choose to sleep outside our bedroom door all night instead. He seemed OK this morning but he was really shaken up at being challenged in his own garden like that…
I always seem to be tired at work recently. Admittedly we got to bed late last night and then there was the garden intruder drama but I feel absolutely shattered. I need a pick me up but don’t want to be downing cup after cup of strong coffee. I think maybe I need more exercise, apparently that helps with lethargy and exhaustion. Or maybe I’m feeling really fulfilled at home; working in the garden and on the house and spending time with my partner and the dog and then I am coming into work where I’m perhaps a little less inspired and it translates into tiredness… hmmm… answers on the back of a packet of seeds…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home