Friday, June 16, 2006

Vaccinations and funerals

Pluto went to the vet yesterday for a routine vaccination. He loved it! He loved the fact there were two other dogs to sniff in the waiting room, he loved the nurse and he loved the vet. He was a very brave boy, although a little wriggly. But the good news is that he has clear ears and eyes, a strong heart and clear lungs, his temperature is spot on and his belly is good to! He was, shall we say, a little surprised to find a thermometer up his rectum but who wouldn't be…
He didn’t even flinch when he was injected although I did when I paid the bill. So he’s in tip top condition and will no doubt be as happy getting his booster as he was getting this first injection. Which is a relief, because having a dog that afraid of even going to the vets, let alone have treatment can cause problems.
I have a lot of confidence in our new vet (Mayow Surgery) she struck me as both competent and caring – a very good mix. Although I did notice that one of the vets’ drives a new black Jag and I suspect that yesterday I may have provided the down-payment for next year’s model… Flea treatment was £24! Still you can’t muck about with fleas, they are pernicious little bastards that cause untold grief and are buggers to get rid of.
I’ve finally filled in my insurance claim form which was hard work, not least the running around trying to get the supporting evidence you need. I suppose if I’m to learn anything from this (other than don’t leave your bag in the back of a taxi, of course) is that for expensive items I should just keep the receipt for the life of the product.

My partner is at a funeral today of a friend of ours. Diagnosed with bowel cancer she was dead within a couple of months. It’s heartbreaking to imagine her closing her eyes and never opening them again. She was intelligent, vibrant, caring and passionate.

RIP SH, you will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home