Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Send painkillers...

I have a horrible headache and shouldn’t be in the office but once again work comes first. I took yesterday off, but then seeing as until about 2pm I couldn’t sit upright without feeling nauseous, I didn’t really have much choice. My neck is stiff and I’m borderline grumpy. I did actually manage to cook last night and it was lovely: tuna steaks with onion and pepper, noodles and broccoli and lots of soy sauce. I really enjoyed it and it did me good to eat properly. My partner bought me some a gorgeous bunch of peonies and they also made me feel better! But today I feel a bit poo. I also seem to be in an email argument with a friend which I’m hoping I’ve now put a stop to. He sent a joke text that I took offence to and I told him I was offended. But the problem with honesty is that it can be messy and unpredictable and now he’s taken offence to my taking offence…
We’ve finally chosen a date for a summer party and I’m looking forward to throwing our first proper social affair! The garden should look good, as should the house, and I’ll be firing up the bar-b-q and there will be lots of cocktails and hopefully some live music, so even if only 4 people turn up, we should still have fun!
We spent Sunday planting. My headache had started to come on so I was a bit useless by the late afternoon, but we both got lots done. The carpet was professionally cleaned on Saturday and it now looks like we have a brand new carpet!
Pluto was almost a field-length away from Charlie when he spotted her this morning, and once again took off after her. It’s not the complete lack of control I have over my dog at these times that bothers me it’s the extra walking I have to do to keep up! Anyway, I walked around with Charlie’s owner and the dogs played together, one chasing the other and then swapping around so the chaser became the chasee…
I did a big order from Amazon and everything arrived this weekend, the Rize soundtrack CD, the new Dixie Chicks album, a new MP3 player (turned out to be better than the last one - and better looking - and is much easier to use!). And finally a dictionary on fairies; to help me write the story for my partner's goddaughter. The DC album is brilliant, they are without doubt one of my favourite bands, if not THE favourite and they never fail to blow me away with their music - this album is no different.
Tonight I’m hoping I stay awake long enough to watch the football. I’ll be shouting ‘come on England’ very quietly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home