Wednesday, August 02, 2006

They are out to get you...

I spoke to S again yesterday – we met unexpectedly on the train coming back from Victoria - and we were both really excited about the car. She had only made the decision to sell it on the weekend and then who does she bump into on the Monday looking specifically for an automatic… spooky!
I popped along to the clubhouse on Monday and had a couple of pints. I was about to go to bed when my neighbour knocked on the door. So consequently I didn’t get the early night I needed but it was nice to see some of the boys.
Spoke to my mum again last night who is having some bad side effects from the Herceptin; vomiting, severe headaches etc. Since her diagnosis very occasionally she says odd things that sound, well, to be honest, a bit paranoid. This time she declared that there is a particular doctor she doesn’t want to see again. This is strange, because this is the same doctor we saw together the other week. They thought the cancer had spread to my mum’s brain, but it was this doctor that told her it hadn’t and that the brain scan was clear. Apparently my mum thinks she looks too young, and that she doesn’t inspire confidence, and then she questioned why she had had to see her and not one of the other doctors in the first place. I’m not sure what to make of it really. My mum can be a difficult woman to communicate with at times, but she’s in her prime and is a very intelligent and generally sensible woman. But like I said, occasionally, since her treatment began, she will say stuff that is a bit out there and paranoid. I guess you can’t go through something as invasive and as traumatic as this without it changing you in some way…
Our new bistro set arrived yesterday and the weather is now on the turn! It’s still muggy but the mornings are becoming decidedly cool and the sky has looked very unsettled for several days now. Maybe we should just keep the furniture in the box till next summer?!
Look’s like we might miss Brighton Pride… we are in the fortunate position of having somewhere to stay (two places actually!) but nowhere for the dog to go. Even going down for the day would mean he was on his own for too long. The joys of responsible dog ownership eh!
I found a gorgeous photographic book on South Africa in a charity shop yesterday. It made me nostalgic as I looked through the stunning pictures remembering the places we had lived and visited... one day I’ll go back for a visit. It would be great to take my partner and share another adventure with her… but in the meantime the only adventure I face at the moment is my commute home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home