Sunday, August 06, 2006

Early morning bee shenanigans

I was woken by a bee at 6:43... sounds like the first line of a Phillip Larkin poem but it's not. This morning I was roused from slumber by the extraordinarily loud and furious buzzings of a bee trapped in our bedroom blind. It was deafening. Not compared to say a pneumatic drill, I'm pretty sure that would have been louder. But as I sleepily reached for my glasses I was quite convinced there was an entire hive in the bedroom but then I saw that it was just one, very fat, very angry bee. I had to put ear plugs in. Some of you may have worn ear plugs last night because of your partner's snoring, or noisy neighbours, or traffic but I doubt very few of you have ever had to resort to ear plugs because of one bee.
Other things have happened in the last few days, exciting things, but I fear I may have peaked at the bee story... I'm off to clean the bathroom now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home