Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mushrooms in my conifers

I needed sleep and lots of it last night. Our freezer needed defrosting and I planned to do it on the weekend but came home last night to find great swags of ice preventing the door from closing properly and therefore exacerbating the problem! I tried to ignore it until my partner came home, but sadly, that didn’t make it go away (who knew?!)
In the end, with the ingenious use of containers of hot water and a travel hairdryer we defrosted the bloody thing in record time. I had to give in and head to bed at 9 and promptly fell asleep, waking only twice. Once when the dog wandered in and licked my nose and then when my partner came to bed. I was utterly, utterly exhausted. I do feel better today though, and tomorrow I can have a lie-in because I’m working from home. I also managed to wait until lunch time to eat my packed lunch! (Normally I make such nice sandwiches, that I’ve eaten them by 10.30. Today however, I waited until 12.01 and felt very pleased with myself.) Despite one of those mornings – busy, slightly chaotic and frustrating – I’m cracking on and progressing well with work also.

Pluto’s recall needs work. He seems to be going through a phase where he isn’t responding to my calls, and yesterday it almost got him in trouble with an aggressive dog. Is this the terrible twos?! I’ve started taking cheese on our walk and that is helping but we both need some more training because once he spots a dog, for example, he runs off to say hello and I might as well be invisible. He’s so good in other ways but he needs to know I control the walk and that if I don’t want him running off or going somewhere, that there is a very good reason for it. At the moment though, the park is his comfort zone. Nothing bad has ever happened to him there so he feels that he can pretty much do what he likes...

We have to buy a new sofa and the garden has turned into Wild Kingdom so this weekend is likely to be a domestic one. Our marrow plant is ginormous, with two huge marrows growing from it. The grass is now so long that our mower won’t cut it and it’s full of frogs anyway. The sunflowers have shot up. There are mushrooms in my lemon conifers and the vegetable patch needs weeding.
My mum has had a bad couple of days and so I'm worried about her (am I ever not?). Not so bad that she's back to square one or has to be hospitalised again, but in pain and sick.
A work colleague - whom I don't rate very highly anyway, she's not very good at her job and has numerous character flaws - keeps coming in and asking after my mum. And I'm not even sure how the hell she found out, very few people know. It makes me uncomfortable when she asks me how my mum is. She stands too close and uses a cloying tone that drives me round the bend. I want to yell what the bloody hell has it got to do with you?! Her parents had cancer and I think she thinks this makes her an expert. Today she told me about a cousin that's just died. Answer me this, do you think when someone is dealing with a critical illness, they need or want to hear about someone who has just died with said illness? So because I can't say this to her, I shall utilise my blog... ahem... FUCK OFF YOU STUPID COW!

Believe it or not, I do actually feel a little better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home