Monday, September 25, 2006

Picture perfect

Photography is bloody expensive! Camera aside, I have bought in the last week: a camera bag, a magazine subscription, an eyepiece extender, a CD card, a card reader, three photography books and another memory stick just for photos. Still it’s all rather good fun. We did a photo shoot at the club this weekend – shots for the web and our sponsors. I brought my gear but only on the understanding that I would do back up shots because I was still a little unconfident with my camera – but I took some great photos (I’m honest enough to admit it was probably more luck than judgement!)
My course was fun on Friday. I was a little overwhelmed and as I suspected, I have a lot to learn but then I guess that’s why I’m on the course in the first place! Nice people and a good tutor is a good start though and I’m excited about the coming weeks…

We spent Sunday in the garden. My partner did 85% of the work! I just tackled the lawn which had turned into a monster with all the recent rain. We went over to homo base and bought some new plants and a few bits and pieces and when I eventually went indoors to do some computer work and emerged over an hour later, she had done an amazing job planting everything up and rearranging and tidying things.

Saturday saw another great result for the Steelers; the first team won 13 – 5. Unfortunately the second team took a bit of a hammering in Canvey Island but then considering the inexperience of the team, they have nothing to feel sorry about. To be honest, a defeat should just make you want to come back harder and faster the next time…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home