Monday, September 18, 2006

New toy

Another good weekend. Friday the missus and I checked out two venues for a fundraiser (for once, nothing to do with rugby!) and we managed a couple of pints on the way and a bite to eat. Saturday I went to the rugby and shouted myself hoarse (throat still bad two days later!). Fantastic victory though, 62 - 8. Sunday was the definition of mixed feelings. I got my camera (FANTASTIC!) but it was hugely stressful. What I didn't realise about new cameras is that they release limited numbers. So the Canon 400D - which everyone was very excited about because the 350D is such a good camera (Which's best rated digi SLR) - came out last week and was already sold out in most places; indy camera shops, Dixons, PC World; but we did find one in Jessops and our lovely neighbour drove us down to Croydon. However, the drama wasn't over - they sent us to the wrong shop (there are three in Croydon!) and then their systems were playing up and we waited forever. Anyway, eventually, £620 for the camera and £70 for the insurance later, I was the proud owner of a hot new camera! 'Course now I just have to learn how to use the bloody thing...
Incidentally, some of the lenses were MORE expensive than the actual camera. Why couldn't I have been interested in origami or knitting?!
So I was very grateful that my partner and friend gave up their afternoon for me in the pursuit of a new toy. She got dinner last night and he will get a box of chocolates today.

I spoke to my mum, eventually. I was upbeat and no-nonsense like, which didn't really give her to room to be petulant or snippy so in the end, we actually had a very nice conversation and even managed to joke about toilet paper!

Very little sleep last night - usual Sunday. Never mind... it could be worse, I could be shattered and have no camera!

2 Comments:

At 4:00 pm, September 19, 2006 , Blogger TM said...

Very cool camera! Hate to say it there actualy FOUR jessops in Croydon!

How sad is it I know that... :0(

 
At 6:21 pm, September 19, 2006 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Lol! Why would you need four branches in one area?! Maybe they have plans to eventually take over Croydon and then the world...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home