Monday, October 02, 2006

Dog hair

Well I’ve spent the weekend fiddling. With my camera I should add. I spent virtually the whole weekend in but believe it or not I achieved a lot; resting my knees, doing homework and in a fit of physical activity doing a bit of cleaning. My class was good on Friday but already more complicated and I was moved to mutter on more than one occasion that I didn’t ‘effing care about my F-stops. But of course I did, and I struggled on. I’ve finished the photography book I was reading and have trawled through most of the camera manual. I think I will have to read them both all over again. Who knew being an artist could be so technical?!
My partner bought me the 12 of the most gorgeous crimson, velvety roses the other day and I was going to do some still-lives’ of those, but in the end I chose a small sculpture I have, and experimented with black and white photography – with some success.

My dog walker friend who owns a book shop has got a 1st edition Annie Leibovitz – ‘Women’. I had a think about it over the weekend, and have just texted her to say, is it still available because I want it! I love Leibovitz’s photography but there is also something quite nice about 1st editions. Indeed, it will be the 2nd first edition I own.

We had to miss a party this weekend, held by two dear friends. Poo. However, I was orthopaedically speaking buggered and travelling was just out of the question.

Anyway, back to the grind. Talking of grind or ‘working-long-hours-and-trying-to-keep-the-house-tidy’, we’re getting a cleaner. A local woman has been highly recommended and we’re going to give it a go. It will be on the days that I work from home and will make such a difference to us. Hope she doesn’t mind a bit… OK, OK, a lot, of dog hair!

2 Comments:

At 10:05 pm, October 03, 2006 , Blogger p said...

We're sorry you missed our party - we certainly missed the both of you - but glad your knees are better.

There's a few pics on flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philboze

oh, and F-Stops are VERY important! ;-)

 
At 11:29 pm, October 04, 2006 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Bless you sir, I shall look forward to seeing the pictures... x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home