Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Celebrating basic plumbing


I’m really looking forward to starting my driving lessons. Today when my knees are bad I think there is very little that would stop me driving into work – although I would be very keen if that became a regular thing to do a car pool. I don’t mind driving but one person in a car is a waste.
It’s quite an exciting time, what with the driving lessons and my college course. Who knows where it will all end…

We have a new toilet. Out toilet stopped flushing on Monday. Since then we’ve had two visits from the plumber who has being late and not apologising down to a fine art, and endless fun with a bucket of water next to the loo. Although the job was simple, the toilets age meant that the screws had rusted and the whole bleeding thing had to be replaced. You feel very vulnerable without a toilet and when I’ve got to work each day, if I've had to pay a visit, I’ve enjoyed the flushing process much more than I ever have before. I think I shall quickly start taking basic plumbing for granted again but it’s amazing what you miss when you don’t have it…

Yesterday we went to the Radio 4 recording of a comedy show called Banter. And despite being a bit grumpy because I was late and sore (see ‘knees’) it was very funny. The show was recorded at RADA (dahling) and beer was £1 a bottle. £1 a bottle! I could have wept. Especially as I couldn’t have any. I was trying to avoid wheat (which beer contains) and so made do with some sparkling water. Anyway, some of the comedy was laugh-till-it-hurts good and a lot of it was quite filthy – as you can imagine these moments will not make it on to the final show! The tickets were free and it really was a good evening. (Remember too that most comedy clubs charge around £8/10 so quality comedy on the cheap i.e., free, is not to be sniffed at. Although there was some sniffing yesterday. Hair sniffing. Long story but very funny.)
I’ll try and find the link to the office that does the tickets, but adverts will often appear in newspaper as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home