Thursday, October 12, 2006

All of the above?!

Well, I’ve given in and joined Flickr. So far I’ve only uploaded about 8 photos – just to get started – but I’ve sent the link to my photography classmates so that we can start to compare shots and hopefully inspire each other – and as is necessary whenever you’ve learning a new skill, constructively criticise each other. (And then privately sob into a large spotted hankie when you suspect no one understands you or your artistic vision.)
You can find me under ‘retrogooseuk photos’.
I did some more photography homework last night – is any of it sinking in?! Who knows. I guess practice and repetition make perfect and I’m really happy with some of the photos I’m taking so I’m at least on the right path…
I’ve been studying hard for my (driving) theory test. As a non-smoker I’ve been taking a ‘smoking’ break every day without the cigarette. I’ll explain… if you’re a smoker you can take lots of breaks throughout the day and nobody pays any attention so I’ve been taking ten minute ‘non-smoking’ break every day during which I do another section of my test book and then mark myself. A lot of it is common sense, but some of the questions despite being multiple choice are really tricky! To increase the level of challenge I have not bought a highway code and so therefore cannot look up the answer! I dredge up every little thing I know about cars and driving, stir in a dollop of ‘well, isn’t that obvious?’ and hope for the best! So far I’m doing really well and am scoring highly. For those of you from foreign climes or just lucky enough to have taken your driving test before the need to do a theory test, you get asked 35 questions (out of a possible 1,257 – told you I’d been studying hard) and you have to get a minimum of 30 right. Lawks a’mercy!
My theory test is booked for the 3rd November. No flowers please, just your love and adoration is, as ever, enough…
Pay day tomorrow, driving lesson Saturday am, buy car Saturday pm. I am very much looking forward to my weekend. Hope you are too!

3 Comments:

At 7:19 am, October 14, 2006 , Blogger p said...

Would love to see your photos - but can't find you on Flickr despite searching on 'retrogoose photos' - can you post the actual link to them - it will look something like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philboze - which, of course are mine!

Good luck on the driving test!!!

 
At 7:19 am, October 14, 2006 , Blogger p said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:31 pm, October 15, 2006 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Ok, will try again! x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home