Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ford lightning...


We have a car!!! Yes, I bought the car yesterday and we spent most of yesterday afternoon driving around. Our friends (who sold the car) stayed for a delicious lunch even if we do say so ourselves: fresh pasta, home made sauce, organic salad leaves, homemade bread and organic honey beer (not for me, naturally!) After which they kindly left us alone as they could see I was desperate to get out and about. My first trip – I was a little nervous, but then we stopped in Dulwich, went to the park, popped into a nice pub and then headed off to Sydenham Wood. And by this time you would have thought (a) I wasn’t a learner driver and (b) the car and I were old friends! I asked my partner whether this was a shared view or whether my ego had just gone on the rampage and I wasn’t being very self-aware, but she agreed with me and added that she had forgotten I was a learner and indeed, felt very comfortable in the car with me.
I don’t wish to sound overly dramatic, but this is something of a dream come true. For some reason I’ve left the whole learning to drive / owning a car quite late but the choice and possibilities now that we have transport are endless. Consequently, all I can say is that I’m very happy. We drove to yet another park with the dog and strangely I think he was quite chuffed with the family wheels as well. Not bad going for a dog that used to be violently sick every time he sat in a car!
Anyway, we missed the rugby yesterday (another win for us!) but my partner (not a rugby fan) has promised that she will come with me to a home match so that I can drive there! Now that’s true love…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home