Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cake

I’ve been working on my work book today – for my photography course that is. I've spent hours sorting everything out and indexing the work properly and slowly but surely I am coming to the end… in fact, a couple more hours and I’m done. All very satisfying. I decided that as most people doing further professional training get day release and time off for course work, that I would bring my homework into the office and do it here. On account of my course and thus far all of the work, being done in my own time!

We drove up to the Cotswolds this Saturday for a fabulous weekend with some old friends. Saturday we went through to Hungerford; very pretty and full of antique and ‘interior furnishings’ type of shops. We spent quite a lot of money… Christmas present for a friend, cushions for the new sofa, wooden statue, 1927 guide to Cornwall etc., etc…

Then we went for a beer in the evening and rolled home to some tasty grub. We didn’t realise how tired we were… we woke up at 1pm the next day! Naturally we skipped breakfast and went straight for a lovely roast dinner at a local pub/restaurant. Then we spent the afternoon eating cake and chatting.

Pluto spent the weekend with his boarding mum and made firm friends with a nutty Pointer x called Barking. Apparently they didn’t leave each other’s side all weekend; even sleeping next to each other (when they weren’t wrestling). He came home exhausted and missing his new pal. He spent yesterday either sleeping or sighing rather dramatically. I wormed him in the morning and it seemed to give him terrible wind…

Maybe that was why he couldn't stay awake?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home